- Detailed Itinerary
- Trip Maps
- Similar Tours
- Arrival airport pick up and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Accommodation 3-4 stars Hotel in Kathmandu on a twin share bed with B/B plan on your request
- Pack Lunch during the birding period
- English speaking expert birding guided Tour
- All private transportations starting & ending points of the birding spot – by Himalayan Trails trained
- Along the trek basic complete First Aid Kit
- All necessary officials paper work.
- Community fee and National Park entry fees
- Nepal entry Visa fees (US$ 40 per person for 30 days)
- International Airfare
- Your Travel Insurance
- Any kind of dinks & personal expenses on visit
- Expenses deserve due to Natural or man made hazards like landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. will be charge extra as per actual
- anything not specify on the cost
Shivapuri-Nagarjun birdwatching Tour is in Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park is situated in the north of Kathmandu valley. And is the nearest National Park from the capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu. It was established in 2002 with an area of 159 sq. Km within Kathmandu, Nuwakot, and Sindhupalchowk districts.
Consequently, National Park includes two separate forest patches of Shivapuri and Nagarjun. Shivapuri is located between 27° 45′ to 27° 52’N and 85° 16′ to 85° 45’E whereas Nagarjun in between 27° 43′ to 27° 46’N and 85° 13′ to 85° 18’E. Which is the true representation of the mid-hills (1300m-2700m) in the protected areas system of Nepal? Around 2,122 species of flora have been estimated from the park with 16 endemic flowering plants.
The park is well known for diverse bird species, therefore designated as Important Bird Area of Nepal. As a result, around 311 species have been recorded from the area. Which is 73% are true residents and other migratory. Some charismatic bird areas which are frequent in the area are.: White-throated Laughingthrush, Spotted Forktail, Fire-tailed Sunbird, Kalij Pheasant, Booted Eagle, Eurasian.
Likewise, Hobby, Long-tailed Broadbill, Brown Dipper, Little Forktail, White-capped Water Redstart, Blue-capped Redstart, Yellow-browed Tit, and Long-tailed Broadbill, etc. However, a day bird watching can be done in three places. Like, PaniMuhan (Shivapuri Gate), Nagarjun Gate and Sundarijal areas of Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park. Spring and winter are the best bird-watching season in the area. In conclusion, the mammalian fauna founds in the park is Chinese Pangolin, Common Leopard, Black Bear, Barking Deer, and Assamese Macaques, etc.
- Day 01::Birding in Shivapuri – Drive 45 minutes from Hotel to Shivapuri National park and birding in Lower part
- Day 02: :Birding in Shivapuri – Drive 45 minutes from Hotel to Shivapuri National park and birding up to Ngyagi Gumba
- Day 03: :Nagarjun Forest- Drive 30 minutes from Thamel and birding inside the National park
- Day 01
- Day 02
- Day 03
There are no comments yet.