- Trip Maps
- Similar Tours
- Additional Information
- All necessary travel permits to Tibet.
- According to CHOICE of menu 3 times meal B/F, Lunch & Dinner with 2cups of tea or coffee in breakfast and every meals a cup of while the trekking
- Responsible trekking policy of two Trekkers: One porter.
- Private transportation in Tibet: Ranging from 4WD land cruiser to bus depending on the group size and trip route
- Private guide: English speaking local Tibetan guide
- Lodging: available from 5 star hotels to budget guesthouses
- Pick-up and send-off services at the beginning/end of the tour
- Along the trek basic complete First Aid Kit.
- Oxygen canisters: 2 canister for each person
- Lodging and meals for guide and drivers
- Trekking Map.
- Liability travel insurance;
- Basic camping gears: tents, mattresses and sleeping bags
- Yaks and porters during the trekking days
- Cook and cooking gears
- Full board meals during the trekking days
- Nepal entry Visa fees (US$ 40 per person for 30 days)
- Tibet entry visa
- Your travel insurance
- Expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, phone call, etc.)
- Medical evacuation encase of Emergency
- Excess Baggage Charges
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc
- Expenses deserve due to Natural or manmade hazards like landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. will be charge extra as per actual and anything not specify on the cost Meals that are not specified in the itinerary (Averagely a meal in Tibet cost USD5 per person)
Ganden to Samye Trek is One of the best hikes in the world. This is the most unforgettable trekking in one of the most beautiful areas of Tibet. A pilgrimage between two holy sites Ganden Monastery 4,300m to Samye 3540m,the different buildings are arranged according to complex symbolism, around the Utse, the central hall, housing the hall of prayers. This trek need to cross two high passes Shug-La (5,250m) and Chitu-La (5,100m) en-route to Samye. Along the trek, travelers will enjoy varied remote Tibetan scenery from forestland to rocky landscapes and have the opportunity to learn about Tibetan Buddhism. After the trek, groups will learn about Tibetan history in Yarlung Valley. As one of the most popular trekking tours in Tibet, Ganden to Samye trek is a scenic route offering beautiful views of lakes, valleys, alpine forests and meadows, snowy passes and mountains, nomad tents, herds of sheep and yaks, ancient Tibetan villages and monasteries. The most famous tourist sites on the trail are Ganden Monastery and Samye Monastery.
The trek is a challenge and the altitude gains are higher than what is often recommended. Only those with experience hiking and camping in higher-elevation wildernesses should attempt this trek. The best time for this trek is from mid-May to Mid-October, summer can be wet but the mountains are at their greenest and you can see wildflowers.
Tibet is home to almost 800 species of wild animals. Some 125 species are under state protection and more than 200 species are native to the Tibetan Plateau. It is advised to respect the wildlife and to maintain a safe and legal distance with the animals when trekking in the wild, which will keep you from attacking. But professional guides can help you to cover your trip smoothly. You may be bit by insects during trekking in Tibet, so take some medicine along with you.Besides, beware of the dogs when you are in Tibet, So just stay far away from them and do not play with them, you will be OK.
Day 01: KTM Arrival pick up from Airport and welcoming by garland and transfer to Hotel, trek Briefing and welcome dinner.
O/ N Hotel -BDB
Day 02: Sightseeing world heritage sights Hindus & Buddhist shrines / Trek preparation
O/N Hotel B/B
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3650m), explore around Lhasa.
O/N Hotel B/B
Day 04: Sightseeing in Lhasa-. Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Square
Day 05: Sightseeing in Lhasa- Drepung Monastery and Potala Palace.
Day 06: Drive from Lhasa to Ganden (4500m).
Day 07: Trek from Ganden to Yama Do (5 hour 4300m).
Day 08: Trek from Yama Do to Tsotup Chu Valley. (4 to 5 hour, 4880m)
Day 09: Trek from Tsotup Chu Valley to Herder’s Camp. (6 to 7 hour, 4400m)
Day 10: Trek from Herder’s Camp to Wango. (3 hour 3800m)
Day 11: Trek from Wango to Samye then drive to Tsetang.(2 hour, 3510])
Day 12: Explore around Yarlung valley (3500m) then Drive to Gongkar airport.
Day 13: Flight back to Kathmandu, evening farewell dinner.
Day 14: Final departure gets back to home, Share experience with family unforgettable memory of
Ganden to Samye trek.
More about Tibet
Clothing and Equipment
- A woollen hat that can cover your ears
- Long sleeved cotton shirts/blouses
- Heavy woollen sweater/polarfleece jacket & lightweight wool sweater/polarfleece pullover
- Waterproof and wind proof jackets and pants for in some places the wind can be very strong and cold
- Light scarf or neckerchief
- Cotton walking shorts for hot days (knee-length or almost knee-length), one pair of polarfleece pants.
- Trekking trousers should be light and quick drying.
- Several pairs of underwear
- Long Thermal Underwear
- Woollen or synthetic gloves, preferably Wind Fleece Gloves
- Good quality socks, preferably woolen for your hiking boots, and also some thin cotton socks
- A pair of cotton long pants and a long cotton skirt is recommended for women
- Synthetic or Down Insulated Jacket rated to at least -7 degrees C (approximately 20 degrees F)
Tibet Trekking Gear
The following trekking gear will make your trip convenient and comfortable.
- Good light-weight sleeping bag
- Sun glasses with UV protection and goggles for higher altitude
- Drinking water bottle
- Torch or headlamp with spare batteries and bulb
- Water bottles
- Walking poles
- Sturdy and well fitted back pack and day pack with water proof cover
- A couple of small towels - the more absorbent the better
- Toilet kit: Just the essentials—toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, biodegradable soap,and small metal mirror
- Camera and spare batteries
- Journal, reading book, and writing materials for quiet moments
- Umbrella: For rain and hot sunshine
- Footwear appropriate to the trip
There are no comments yet.